Skin aging is a highly individual process. Physiological aging begins around the age of 25, but visible aging typically starts around 30 years of age. Compared to other organs, the skin ages slowly. Faster skin aging occurs around the eyes and mouth. Dry, aging skin appears pale or grayish, lacks radiance, may show redness, flakiness, and enlarged pores. It is caused by reduced skin elasticity and insufficient moisture. Estrogen deficiency impairs blood circulation, leads to smaller cells, uneven pigmentation, and reduced function of sebaceous glands.
Wrinkles are categorized into three types: expression lines, age-related wrinkles, and mechanically damaged tissue creases. Age-related wrinkles that are not mechanically damaged respond best to preventive measures, as they are not yet irreversibly damaged. Expression lines that are not mechanically damaged can be smoothed, but it's essential to address their causes (squinting, etc.).
- Drinking plenty of water helps prevent moisture loss from the skin and maintains its hydration.
- Good sleep promotes cell regeneration, while avoiding stress prevents cell damage.
- For aging dry skin, it is advisable to use high-quality cosmetics containing lipids, essential fatty acids, collagen, elastin, and toning bioactive substances, as well as moisturizing components. Cosmetics containing alcohol should be avoided.
- Gentle exfoliation is recommended to cleanse the skin surface from dead cells. After exfoliation, the complexion becomes brighter, bioactive substances penetrate more effectively, and skin cell formation and oxygen balance improve.
- Regular facial massages are necessary.
- As much as possible, protect the skin from adverse climate conditions. A home air humidifier is recommended.
- UV radiation increases the amount of free radicals in the skin and accelerates skin aging. It is crucial to protect the skin from the sun diligently. Also, pay attention to protecting the décolletage and hands.
- Internally, consume cell-renewing supplements, such as sea buckthorn oil and sea buckthorn juice. Sea buckthorn oil also balances and relieves stress.